Skip to content
Jack Dean Gehloff
- Name: Jack Dean Gehloff
- Location of Birth: River Falls, Wisconsin
- Date of Birth: November 22, 1939
- Date of Death: May 25, 1997 (57 years old)
- Parents: Herman Gehloff and Edna (Jeddeloh) Gehloff
- High School and Class: 1957 - Princeton High School, Princeton, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: EMCS (Electrician's Mate Senior Chief Petty Officer)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: 1958
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1980
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
In 1958, Jack enlisted in the United States Navy and served 25 years. He was an electrician in the military and served in submarine services. He was a Navy recruiter in Minneapolis and Hibbing, Minnesota for six years. Jack retired in 1980 from the Armed Forces.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Jack worked as an electrician in Grand Rapids, Minnesota until his illness.
He was a member of St. Luke's Evangelical Lutheran Church and VFW Ponti-Peterson Post 1720, both in Grand Rapids.
He loved to fish and hunt.
Jack is survived by a daughter, Cathleen; a son, Michael; three sisters, Shirley (Ron) Smith, Pat (Kenneth) Gustafson, and Sue (Larry) Lueck; his parents, Herman and Edna Gehloff; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Jack died in the VA Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota and is buried in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery at Princeton, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):