Skip to content
James Arthur Wallace
- Name: James Arthur Wallace
- Location of Birth: Phillips, Wisconsin
- Date of Birth: June 30, 1915
- Date of Death: June 4, 1988 (72 years old)
- High School and Class: Cloquet High School, Cloquet, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
James served in the United States Army Medical Corps during World War II.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
James moved to Cloquet, Minnesota in 1921. Following high school he worked as a carpenter and as a helper in a funeral parlor.
In 1946 he moved to the Lake Kabatogama area where he owned and operated a bait store and guide service on Lake Namakon.
Jams moved to Togo, Minnesota 20 years ago.
Survivors are his brother, Everett; sisters, Mayme Marks and Toby Ann Tan; and several nieces and nephews.
James died at his home in Togo, Minnesota. No services were held. He is buried in Maple Grove Cemetery at Cloquet, Minnesota. (Section A)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):