Skip to content
James "Jim" LeRoy Danielson
- Name: James "Jim" LeRoy Danielson
- Location of Birth: Oteneagen Township, Deer River, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: February 9, 1923
- Date of Death: September 20, 1996 (73 years old)
- Parents: John and Marie Danielson
- High School and Class: 1942 - Deer River High School, Deer River, Minnesota
- College: Attended machinist school in Duluth, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SSGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Jim served with the United States Army 14th Armored Division in Europe during World War II.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Following discharge from the service, Jim returned to Deer River, Minnesota and was employed in construction and as an auto mechanic.
He married Ardis Braden in 1948.
In 1956, Jim purchased Hi-Way Shell in Deer River, Minnesota which he operated until 1965.
He was then employed at Blandin Paper Company until his retirement in 1988.
Jim was a member of the United Methodist Church in Deer RIver, Minnesota.
He is survived by his wife, Ardis; two daughters, Patricia Rasley and Judy Wenzel; a son, Ronald; a sister, Katherine Miller; two brothers, Chuck and Robert "Babe"; eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his parents, John and Marie; a sister, Agnes; and three brothers, John, Joseph, and Edward.
Jim died at Community Memorial Hospital in Deer River, Minnesota and is buried in Olivet Cemetery at Deer River, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):