Skip to content
James Leslie Daley
- Name: James Leslie Daley
- Location of Birth: Pine CIty, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: August 23, 1930
- Date of Death: October 4, 1995 (65 years old)
- Parents: George Daley and Viola (Tate) Daley
- High School and Class: 1948 - Pine City High School, Pine City, Minnesota
- College: 1957 - University of Minnesota with a Bachelor of Civil Engineer Degree
- Highest Rank: SSGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Air Force
- Other Branch: Army National Guard
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
James entered the military having served in the Army National Guard from 1947-1950 and the United States Air Force from 1950-1955 with a tour in the Philippines.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
James was a registered professional engineer in the State of Minnesota in 1965. He worked for the State of Minnesota as a highway engineer, village engineer for the City of Grand Rapids, construction engineer for ABI and construction management consultant for the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe until his retirement in 1993.
He was a member of St. Joseph's Catholic Church, the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans and Knights of Columbus in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
He married Laura Marie Thomas Nichols on November 30, 1963.
Preceded in death by his parents, his first wife Ann Marie Pavelka Daley, and a sister Margaret Jones, James is survived by his wife, Laura; children Larry Nichols, Bev Sampson, Patricia Valtinson, James Daley, Mary Lyman, Joseph Daley, Jeanette Pangburn, Margie Schlee, Tom Nichols, John Daley, James Nichols, Cheryl Millis, Jeff Daley, Jay Daley, Terry Nichols, George Daley, and Jerry Daley, one brother, Terry; one sister, Mary Boo; 24 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 18.104.22.168)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):