Skip to content
James Richard Kingston, Jr.
- Name: James Richard Kingston Jr.
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: October 18, 1931
- Date of Death: July 20, 2009
- Parents: James R. Kingston, Sr. & Irma E. (O'Leary) Kingston
- High School and Class:
- College: 1952 - Itasca Junior College, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: August 27, 1952
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: June 23, 1977
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
James Kingston served as Chief in the Medical Corps. He retired from the Navy in 1977 after 24 years of service.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
James Kingston married Margo Ott in 1959 in Minnesota. They lived in Ridgely, Maryland where he served on the Ridgely Planning and Zoning Board and was a member of the Grasonville VFW Post #7464, St. Benedict/St. Elizabeth Catholic Parish and the Knights of Columbus, St. Joan of Arc council.
James died at Bethesda National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland and is buried in Ridgely Cemetery, Ridgely, Maryland. He is survived by his daughter Kathleen (Randy) Smith; his son Timothy J. Kingston; and two brothers, John R. Kingston and Michael P. Kingston. He was preceded in death by his wife Margo Ott Kingston; his son Shawn Kingston; and his sister, Elizabeth Nimis.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):