Skip to content
John "Jack" Henry Gangl
- Name: John "Jack" Henry Gangl
- Location of Birth: St. Martin, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 17, 1894
- Date of Death: August 22, 1969 (74 years old)
- Parents: Michael Gangl and Anna (Schneider) Gangl
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PVT (Private)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: July 22, 1918 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: April 5, 1919 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
John served with Company L, Third Infantry.
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Jack had been a resident of Nashwauk, Minnesota for the past 28 years.
Jack married Rose Tschida on May 3, 1921.
He had been employed as a mechanic by the Hanna Mining Company until is retirement.
Jack was a member of St. Cecilia's Catholic Church, and the American Legion and VFW Posts of Nashwauk.
Survivors are his wife, Rose; two sons, Austin and Kenneth; four daughters, Miss Genevieve Gangl, Mrs. Emory (Irene) Menozzi, Mrs. Jack (Delaine) Shea; and Mrs. Dale (Eunice) Plagemann; two brothers, Christ and Steve; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Jack died at the Veterans Hospital in St. Cloud, Minnesota and is buried in Maple Hill Cemetery at Hibbing, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):