Skip to content
John Joseph Eckert
- Name: John Joseph Eckert
- Location of Birth: St. Paul, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: April 2, 1910
- Date of Death: July 5, 1960 (50 years old)
- Parents: Anton and Jennie Eckert
- High School and Class: Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Junior College - Coleraine, Minnesota
St. Thomas College - St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: TEC 3 (Technical 3)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
John was with the Army Signal Corps.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
John was a Grand Rapids, Minnesota resident for thirty-nine years. His family came to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 1921.
John became an auditor. Before and after his war service, John had been employed by the Blandin Paper Company. He also had employment by the Great Northern Railway in Montana and had worked in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
John held memberships in the American Legion and in the Eagles in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Survivors include his father, Anton and two sisters, Mrs. Clara Miller and Mrs. Margaret True.
John died at the Minneapolis Veterans Administration facility after a lingering illness and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-B-46-25)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):