Skip to content
John Russell Greaves, Jr.
- Name: John Russell Greaves, Jr.
- Location of Birth: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 18, 1929
- Date of Death: July 28, 1998 (69 years old)
- Parents: John Greaves, Sr. and Jenny (Peach) Greaves
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Corps
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
John grew up in Minneapolis and LeSueur, Minnesota, attending schools in both communities.
Following his discharge from the service, John worked for Northwestern Auto Parts Company (NAPCO) in Hopkins, Minnesota and Honeywell in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
He then owned and operated a carnival for a time and then owned and operated a taxi service in Lakeville, Minnesota prior to retirement.
He settled in Marcell, Minnesota during his retirement years. John was a member of the Grand Rapids American Legion Post No. 60.
Preceding him in death were a son, Ronnie; his parents; and two sisters, Margaret Walters and Colleen Souer.
He is survived by a son, Tim and former wife, Lillian.
John died in Northern Itasca Hospital in Bigfork, Minnesota and is buried in Lake Gorman Cemetery at Cordova, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):