Skip to content
Keith Leonard Dexter
- Name: Keith Leonard Dexter
- Location of Birth: Charles City, Iowa
- Date of Birth: June 11, 1923
- Date of Death: May 28, 2016 (92 years old)
- Parents: Leonard Dexter and Winifred (Dugan) Dexter
- High School and Class:
- College: 1953 - Southwest Missouri State College - Bachelor of Science Degree
1960 - Emporia State Teacher's College - Masters of Science
- Highest Rank: PO2 (Petty Officer 2nd Class in Navy) and TSGT (Technical Sergeant in Air Force)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch: United States Air Force
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Keith served in the United States Navy as Petty Officer Second Class during World War II and later served in the United States Air Force as a Tech Sergeant.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Keith married Eleonore "Hope" Dexter in 1946.
After obtaining his Bachelor of Science Degree, he pursued his passion of education and working in the "School House". Keith rose from a coach and history teacher to superintendent, always looking at "Preparing Today for A Better Tomorrow" for his students. He finally returned to his dream of being the Vice Principal at his hometown high school from which he retired.
Keith was a Scottish Rite and Master Mason for over 50 years. He was also a Past Worthy Patron of the Eastern Star. Keith was also a volunteer at Avera Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Keith was preceded in death by his wife, "Hope" and his son, Michael Dexter.
He is survived by his son Dwight Dexter and his wife, Donna and two granddaughters.
Keith passed away in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and his cremains were buried in El Dorado Springs City Cemetery in El Dorado Springs, Missouri.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):