Skip to content
Kenneth Grant Blaine, Sr.
- Name: Kenneth Grant Blaine Sr.
- Location of Birth: Pengilly, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 31, 1936
- Date of Death: October 6, 2008 (72 years old)
- Parents: James Blaine and Olive (Simpson) Blaine
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: SP3 (Specialist 3)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: May 11, 1954 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: April 29, 1956 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Kenneth grew up and attended schools in the Pengilly and Nashwauk, Minnesota area.
On June 27, 1959, Ken married LaVonne M. Wilcox in Hibbing, Minnesota where they made their home until 1962 when they moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Ken was employed at Blandin Paper Company for 33 years. He was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. He loved fishing, bird watching, and spending time with his children and grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his parents and his sister, Marie Drumbeater.
Survived by his wife of 49 years, LaVonne; one daughter, Kelli (Brian) Ingalls; two sons, Kenneth, Jr. (JoAnn) and Jeffrey (Kristin); three sisters, Shirley Marshall, Elaine Bagger and Doreen Rice; two brothers, Clarence and James, Jr.; eight grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and three step great-grandchildren.
Kenneth died at Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. He was cremated and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-A-45-0-1)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):