Skip to content
Kenneth John Carlson
- Name: Kenneth John Carlson
- Location of Birth: Maple Ridge Township, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 19, 1918
- Date of Death: March 13, 2000 (81 years old)
- Parents: John P. and Jennie (Nyberg) Carlson
- High School and Class: 1936 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: CMOMM (Chief Motor Machinist's Mate)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Kenneth was a World War II Navy veteran who served in the South Pacific Theater.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Kenneth was united in marriage to Elaine Inrig in Detroit on October 31, 1945. Following the war, he returned to Grand Rapids, Minnesota where he worked for Blandin Paper Company until his retirement as a master mechanic in 1980.
Kenneth died in St. Petersburg Medical Center, in St. Petersburg, Florida.
He was preceded in death by his parents; sisters, Irene Hyrkas and Agnes McCoy; and a brother, Vincent.
Survivors are his wife, Elaine; sons Ken, Jr. (Karen) and Dr. Ted; a daughter, Dr. Nancy (Larry) Carlson; nine grandchildren; a brother, Larry; and sisters Ruth Jones, Edythe Martin, and Doris Lanham.
Buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 1.11.2.x)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):