Skip to content
Kermit Leander Ziegler
- Name: Kermit Leander Ziegler
- Location of Birth: Easton, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 20, 1938
- Date of Death: April 17, 1996 (58 years old)
- Parents: Leander Ziegler and Anetta (Weber) Ziegler
- High School and Class: Winnebago High School, Winnebago, Illinois
- College: Mankato State College, Mankato, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Marine Corp
- Other Branch: United States Army
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Kermit served in the United States Marines and the United States Army.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
After Kermit's discharge, he farmed in Easton until purchasing the North Star Restaurant in Winnebago, Illinois, where he owned and operated until 1981 when he moved to Cohasset, Minnesota.
In Cohasset, he owned and operated Kermit's Catering Service and also was a self-employed house painter.
Kermit is survived by his mother, Anetta; a foster son, Joey Motzko; six sisters, Marjorie Lunning, Janice Wirtjes, Yvonne Simmons, Carol Fryman, Lee Ann Paulson, and Sandra Kennedy; and a brother, David.
Kermit died at his home in Cohasset, Minnesota and is buried in Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cemetery at Easton, Minnesota. No photo of grave marker is available at this time.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):