Skip to content
Leo George Donnell, Sr.
- Name: Leo George Donnell Sr.
- Location of Birth: White Earth Indian Reservation
- Date of Birth: September 27, 1906
- Date of Death: July 9, 1997 (90 years old)
- High School and Class: Pipestone Indian Boarding School, Pipestone, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
The family moved to the Deer River, Minnesota area when Leo was 19 years old.
Leo married Agnes Fairbanks on April 27, 1927, when he built their own log house by Winnie Dam. He worked at Civilian Conversation Corps camps, farmed, and was a logger.
Leo was preceded in death by his wife, Agnes and two daughters, Ethel Donnell and June Tibbetts.
Leo is survived by three daughters; Mary Jane Wilson, Carol Benjamin, and Marlene Huff; a son, Leo; thirty-two grandchildren; seventy-seven great-grandchildren; and seventeen great-great-grandchildren.
Leo died at Community Memorial Hospital in Deer River, Minnesota. He is buried in Fairbanks Cemetery at Deer River, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):