Skip to content
Leo Walter Graves
- Name: Leo Walter Graves
- Location of Birth: Macomb, Illinois
- Date of Birth: December 19, 1913
- Date of Death: March 13, 1982 (68 years old)
- Parents: Albert Graves and Lavenia (Mitchell) Graves
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: April 21, 1944 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: November 5, 1945 (Release Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Leo came to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 1971 and started Northern Heating and Sheetmetal and Combo Furnace Company. He retired in 1980 after selling the business.
Leo married Bonnie Beddoe in Davenport, Iowa.
Leo lived in Arbo Township in Itasca County and was involved in the Itasca County Hospice Project.
He is survived by his wife, Bonnie; three sons, Ronald, Brad, and Brian; four daughters, Mrs. Eugene (Gloria) Ford, Mrs. Jim (Judy) Ashton, Mrs. Dallas (Jane) Campbell, and Mrs. Gary (Lois) Kaye; five brothers, Harley, Cecil, Marvin, Harold, and Ivan; one sister, Mabel Haulk; thirteen grandchildren and one great-grandson.
Leo died at his home and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids. (Plot I-E-19-11)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):