Skip to content
- Name: Leonard Rahier
- Location of Birth: Little Falls, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: February 15, 1897
- Date of Death: May 22, 1957
- Parents: Robert Rahier & Katherine "Kate" (Guthrie) Rahier
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: March 25, 1918
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: March 10, 1919
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Leonard Rahier was a member of Battery B, 71 Artillery, CAC, and served in France during World War I.
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Leonard Rahier returned to the Effie, Minnesota area after serving in France during World War I. He married Julia Dahlberg in Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 1920. He was employed by the Minnesota State Highway Department.
Leonard died in Bigfork, Minnesota, and is buried in the Bigfork Cemetery, Bigfork, Minnesota (Block 59). He is survived by his wife, Julia; a daughter, Mrs. Wayne Gustafson; two brothers, James and Mike Rahier; and three sisters, Agnes McAllister, Mrs. Harry Knutson, and Fern Riner.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):