Skip to content
Leroy "Babe" Terry Wakeman
- Name: Leroy "Babe" Terry Wakeman
- Location of Birth: Wabana Township, Itasca County, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 6, 1931
- Date of Death: April 21, 1985 (53 years old)
- Parents: Leroy H. Wakeman and Mary (Wertz) Wakeman
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Leroy was in the United States Army as a military police officer at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Leroy lived all of his life in Wabana Township except time sent in the service.
He married Janet Johnson on July 13, 1974.
Leroy was a member of the American Legion Post #476, Hurlbut Ziemer Post of Lawrence Lake, and was a self-employed farmer and logger.
Survivors are his wife, Janet; two daughters, Tracy and Tammy; a son, Troy; a sister, Rowena Hughes,; four brothers, Orville Wertz, Larry Wakeman, Lloyd Wakeman, and Lyle Wakeman; and many nieces and nephews.
Leroy died at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is buried in Wabana Cemetery in Wabana Township, Itasca County.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):