Skip to content
Lloyd Delbert Herdman
- Name: Lloyd Delbert Herdman
- Location of Birth: Thief River Falls, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: April 19, 1921
- Date of Death: May 12, 1992 (71 years old)
- Parents: Robert J. Herdman and Ada Blanche (Wilson) Herdman
- High School and Class: 1940 - Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: September 3, 1942
- Place Sworn In: Fort Snelling, Minnesota
- Date of Discharge: September 14, 1945
- Place of Discharge: Percy Jones Hospital Center, Fort Custer, Michigan
- Military Awards:
European African Middle Eastern Theatre Campaign Ribbon
2 Bronze Campaign Stars
Purple Heart and Good Conduct Ribbon
- Military Highlights:
Per Lloyd's niece, Nancy Herdman Warneke:
Lloyd D. Herdman fought in the Rhineland Campaign and the Ardennes Campaign. He was wounded in Belgium on January 16, 1945. While being treated for his injury in the Belgium hospital, he had the opportunity to see his brother, LeRoy C. Herdman.
Lloyd was a heavy machine gunner #605.
We were unable to located Lloyd Herdman's third wife or his biological daughter.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Per obituary in Scenic Range News on May 21, 1992:
Lloyd moved to Fresno, California in 1952, where he worked for Phillips Petroleum until his retirement.
He is survived by his wife, Ruth; daughters Deanna Herdman, Mary Ada Ehlert, and Julie Herdman, three grandsons; three great-grandsons; his mother Ada Herdman, one sister, Elizabeth Sigfrinius, and one brother, LeRoy Herdman.
He was preceded in death by his father, Robert, in 1958; and his brother, Dean Herdman, in 1979.
Lloyd died in Clovis, California and his remains are in a mausoleum near Clovis, California
- Tribal Affiliation(s):