Skip to content
Lloyd Edmond Drewes
- Name: Lloyd Edmond Drewes
- Location of Birth: Coleraine, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: December 10, 1926
- Date of Death: June 21, 2000 (73 years old)
- Parents: Henry Drewes and Augusta (Mueller) Drewes
- High School and Class: 1946 - Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: PVT (Private in United States Air Forces) and PFC (Private First Class) in United States Army
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Forces
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1952
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Lloyd served in the Air Force following high school. He also served in the Army in Korea during the Korean Conflict.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Following his discharge from service, Lloyd returned to Coleraine, Minnesota.
On September 11, 1954, Lloyd married Gerry Norman in Grand Rapids, Minnesota where they made their home.
Lloyd worked 41 1/2 years for M. A. Hanna Mining Company and retired from National Steel Pellet Plant in Keewatin, Minnesota in 1986.
Lloyd was a member of the First Evangelical Lutheran Church and the Itasca Vintage Car Club, both in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. He was also a life member of the VFW in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Lloyd was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Steven in 1978; and a sister, Deloris Hecomovich.
He is survived by his wife, Gerry; a daughter, Joni Lee Drewes-Sweet; a son, Larry; two grandsons; sisters, Marjorie Schroeder, Evelyn (Bob) Fredrickson and Myrna (Irv) Biersdorf; six nieces; and two nephews.
Lloyd died in St. Mary's Medical Center in Duluth, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):