Skip to content
Loren "Sarge" Edward Simpson
- Name: Loren "Sarge" Edward Simpson
- Location of Birth: Calumet, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 25, 1926
- Date of Death: June 17, 1984 (58 years old)
- Parents: Ralph Simpson and Eva (Hodgson) Simpson
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: July 22, 1944 (Enlistment Date #1), November 10, 1949 (Enlistment Date #2)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October 30, 1947 (Release Date #1), August 31, 1966 (Release Date #2)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Loren served in the United States Army 11th Armored Division in Europe during World War II.
Information from the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Loren E. Simpson
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: January 25, 1926
Birth Place: Calumet, Minnesota, USA
Residence Place: Pengilly, Minnesota, USA
Registration Date: January 26, 1944
Registration Place: Pengilly, Minnesota, USA
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Height: 5' 8"
Next of Kin: Ralph Simpson
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Loren moved to Missoula in 1962 and taught Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) at the University of Montana until 1964. He retired from the service in Presidio, California and returned to Missoula in 1965. At the time of his death, he was employed by ITT.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth (Orazem) Simpson; three sons, Lucky, Gary, and Timothy; his mother, Eva Simpson; five sisters, Joyce, Dolores, Eva, Mary Ellen and Kathleen; three brothers, Ralph, Leroy and Joseph; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother, Keith.
Loren died in a local hospital of liver and kidney failure. He was cremated at Sunset Memorial Gardens in Missoula, Montana and no services were planned at the time of Loren's death.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):