Skip to content
Lyle Brantly Christenson
- Name: Lyle Brantly Christenson
- Location of Birth: Tracy, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: October 2, 1927
- Date of Death: August 7, 1977 (49 years old)
- Parents: Ole Christenson and Lillian (Fredricks) Christenson
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Merchant Marine
- Date Sworn In: February 16, 1946 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: July 22, 1947 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Lyle joined the United States Merchant Marine as a young man and later enlisted in the United States Army serving in the Quartermaster Corps until 1947.
Information in the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Lyle Brantly Christenson
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: October 2, 1927
Birth Place: Tracy, Minnesota. USA
Residence Place: Tracy, Lyon, Minnesota, USA
Registration Date: December 5, 1945
Registration Place: Tracy, Lyon, Minnesota, USA
Employer: Merchant Marines
Next of Kin: Lillian Christenson
Other obvious physical characteristics that will aid in identification: scar on knee
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Lyle was raised in Tracy, Minnesota where he attended schools.
In 1954, Lyle married Delores Penhald in Iowa.
He was a member of the Ponti-Peterson Post of the VFW of Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Survivors include his wife, Delores; two daughters, Julie Christenson and Mrs. Randy (Joan) Bailey; one son, Jay; and one brother, Donald.
Lyle died at this home and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-G-07-2-9)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):