Skip to content
Mark J. Feltus
- Name: Mark J. Feltus
- Location of Birth: Deer River, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 6, 1947
- Date of Death: October 30, 1968 (21 years old)
- Parents: Ransom Feltus and Florabelle (Thompson) Feltus
- High School and Class: 1965 - Deer River High School, Deer River, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Branch: Marine Corp
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Mark was a veteran of twelve months in Vietnam. He served with the 2nd Marine Air Wing at Cherry Point, North Carolina.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Mark was found dead in a submerged car December 17, 1968 near Cherry Point, North Carolina.
Shortly after returning from duty in Vietnam, Corporal Feltus had gone on leave about October 30, 1968. Nothing more was seen or heard of him until two hunters spotted a car radio aerial protruding from a body of water and notified authorities on December 17th.
Survivors are his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ransom Feltus; a sister, Miss Sue Ann; two brothers, Eugene and Douglas; an uncle, Leslie Feltus; and an aunt, Mrs. Ward Ames.
Mark is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-B-14-2-4)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):