Skip to content
Matthew Joseph Blaeser
- Name: Matthew Joseph Blaeser
- Location of Birth: Mahnomen, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: June 4, 1910
- Date of Death: July 6, 1986 (76 years old)
- Parents: Bernard Blaeser and Katherine (Rettarath) Blaeser
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PFC (Private First Class)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: April 21, 1944 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In: Fort Snelling, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Date of Discharge: November 21, 1945 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Information in the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Matthew Joseph Blaeser
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: June 4, 1910
Birth Place: Mahnomen, Minnesota, USA
Residence Place: Mahnomen, Mahnomen, Minnesota, USA
Registration Date: October 16, 1940
Registration Place: Mahnomen, Mahnomen, Minnesota, USA
Employer: Wilcox Lumber Company
Height: 5' 8"
Complexion: Light Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Next of Kin: Mrs. Matthew Joseph Blaeser (wife)
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Matthew was raised and attended schools in the Mahnomen, Minnesota area.
He married Dorothy Neubert on November 28, 1936. He was a conservation officer, assistant chief enforcement officer and regional supervisor for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for 32 years and retired in 1975.
He lived with his wife in Grand Rapids, Minnesota since 1969 and they lived for 16 years in Virginia, Minnesota.
Survivors are his wife, Dorothy; daughters, Susan Bruns and Linda Adams; sons, Floyd and Michael; a sister; four brothers; and thirteen grandchildren.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-G-10-2-2)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):