Skip to content
Maynard Eugene Mattfield
- Name: Maynard Eugene Mattfield
- Location of Birth: Bovey, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 2, 1928
- Date of Death: December 6, 1993
- Parents: Herman Mattfield & Selma (Mischke) Mattfield
- High School and Class: Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SP 4 (Specialist 4)
- Branch: Air Force
- Other Branch: Army
- Date Sworn In: November 1, 1949
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1964
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Maynard Mattfield was a veteran of the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force, serving from 1949 to 1964.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Maynard Mattfield lived most of his life in the Bovey, Minnesota area. He was a former member of Bovey Moose Lodge #1610 and the Lawrence Lake American Legion Post. He worked as a truck driver for the Oliver Mining Company and U.S.X., retiring in 1987 after 17 years of service.
Maynard died in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery, Coleraine, Minnesota (Block 120). He is survived by his mother, Selma Sundstrom; seven brothers, Norman, Robert, Gerald, Weldon, Meloy, Roger (Hilly), and Herman (Virginia); five sisters, Sylvia (Roman) Noworatzky, Violet (Lyle) Hanson, Delores (Roy) Eigenberger, Janet (Robert) Delich, and Joyce (Michael) Gonzalez; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father, Herman, in 1963, and a brother, Raymond, in 1967.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):