Skip to content
Michael "Mike" Wayne Cox
- Name: Michael "Mike" Wayne Cox
- Location of Birth: Altadena, California
- Date of Birth: July 15, 1944
- Date of Death: November 3, 2001 (57 years old)
- Parents: Winfred Cox and Peggy (Prentice) Cox
- High School and Class: 1963 - Buena Park High School, Buena Park, California
- College: Dunwoody Institute - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SP 5 (Specialist 5)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Mike served in the United States Army as a paratrooper during the Vietnam Era.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Mike married Cathleen Ann Morine on November 20, 1966, and moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1967. He attended Dunwoody Institute there and received his training as an electrician.
He moved to Pengilly in 1980 and worked for twenty years at Blandin Wood Products and Potlatch in Grand Rapids, Minnesota as an electrician.
He was a member of Local 1095 serving as its financial secretary. He was an avid marathon runner, running in five full marathons and was training for Grandma's in Duluth, Minnesota when he became ill in July.
Mike was a member of Faith Baptist Church in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and recently awarded the Dale Carnegie Award of Excellence.
He is survived by his wife of 35 years, Cathy; a daughter, Michelle (Patrick) Longtin; a son, Darrin (Heather); his father, Winfred (Lois); two brothers, Darryl (Jan) and Richard (Beth); and four grandchildren.
Preceding him in death was his mother, Peggy, in 1969.
He died peacefully at his home and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-D-33-2-4)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):