Skip to content
Neal Arlo Evans
- Name: Neal Arlo Evans
- Location of Birth: Hines, Beltrami County, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 17, 1932
- Date of Death: September 29, 2005 (73 years old)
- Parents: Miles Evans and Millicent (Owens) Evans
- High School and Class: Blackduck High School, Blackduck, Minnesota
- College: University of Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Neal served many years as a bridge engineer for St. Louis County and enjoyed reading, music, home-building, woodcarving and time with family in his retirement.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Miles and Millicent Evans; and a brother, Wendell Evans.
Neal is survived by his former wife, Virginia Evans; sons Craig (Mari) and Brad (Beata); daughter, Carmen (Daron) Steuck; three grandchildren; siblings, Eleanor Christiansen, Virgil Evans, Arlis Kopperud, Shirline Evans, Glenyce Coffin, Ron Evans, Victor Evans, Judy Kurschner, Jean Gott, Phyllis Cook; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Neal died in St. Paul, Minnesota and was cremated. His ashes were scattered on the old Evans family farm southeast of Hines, Beltrami County, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):