Skip to content
- Name: Neil Dauphinee
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 23, 1925
- Date of Death: August 13, 1950 (25 years old)
- Parents: Mr. and Mrs. G. J. Dauphinee
- High School and Class: graduated from high school in Chicago, Illinois
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Neil was a star athlete and a member of the Notre Dame Football team before going into the United States Navy during World War II.
Following his discharge from the Navy, he engaged in commercial deep-sea fishing, shipping out from Eureka, California.
Neil was swept off a fishing boat in the coastal waters of California on August 13, 1950. Following the accident, the United States Coast Guard searched for several hours in the area, but failed to recover the body.
Neil is survived by his wife who resides in Eureka; his parents; a sister, Mrs. Charles Williams; and a brother, Jack.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):