Skip to content
- Name: Nick Fondurulia
- Location of Birth: Chisholm, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 14, 1912
- Date of Death: May 5, 1998 (85 years old)
- Parents: Eli Fondurulia and Julia (Milavosnich) Fondurulia
- High School and Class: Buhl High School
- Highest Rank: COX (Cockswain)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: May, 1944
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: January, 1946
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Nick was raised in Kinney, Minnesota.
On October 18, 1936, he married Dorothy Predovich at the Serbian Church in Chisholm, Minnesota.
They lived in the Lawrence Lake area and in Bovey, Minnesota.
He worked at the Danube Mine from 1937 until his retirement in 1970.
Nick was a member of St. Basil Serbian Church in Chisholm, Minnesota. He was also a member of Bovey Moose Lodge, Lawrence Lake Legion and Serb National Federation Lodge 242 of Bovey, Minnesota.
Nick was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Dorothy; brothers Speiro, Mike, Bude, and George; and a sister, Mildred Mallaro.
Nick is survived by his daughter, Helen (James) Casper and his son, George (Terry) Fondurulia; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Nick passed away at the Manor House in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):