Skip to content
Norman Francis Brady
- Name: Norman Francis Brady
- Location of Birth: Springfield, Illinois
- Date of Birth: August 2, 1909
- Date of Death: April 18, 1967 (57 years old)
- Parents: George and Winifred (Norfleet) Brady
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: TEC 3 (Technical 3)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: May 20, 1942 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: October 29, 1943 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
Good Conduct Medal
- Military Highlights:
Norman served with the 911th Engineers Air Force Headquarters Company in the United States Army.
Information in the United States, World War II Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947:
Name: Norman Francis Brady
Relationship to Draftee: Self (Head)
Birth Date: August 2, 1909
Birth Place: Springfield, Illinois, USA
Residence Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA
Registration Date: October 16, 1940
Registration Place: Illinois, USA
Height: 5' 7"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Next of Kin: Winnie Brady (mother)
Other obvious physical characteristics that will aid in identification:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Norman was a Grand Rapids, Minnesota resident since 1953.
Norman served in the National Guard for 16 years after the war.
He was a member of the American Legion and the Masonic Lodge and was employed by School District 318 as a custodian.
Survivors are his wife, Della, his mother, Mrs. Winifred Brady; and two sisters, Mrs. Alma Hershfeld and Mrs. Sterling Carter.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-C-36-0-4)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):