Skip to content
- Name: Norman Franks
- Location of Birth: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 2, 1923
- Date of Death: July 4, 2006 (82 years old)
- Parents: William Franks and Sarah (Durant) Franks
- High School and Class: 1941 - Bloomington High School, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SGT (Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Forces
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
On April 14, 1950, Norman was united in marriage to Lilith Lindgren.
They built a home in Bloomington and lived there over 50 years.
Norman owned and operated Frank's Electric for many years prior to his retirement.
Due to Lilith's health, Norman and Lilith moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota to be with their daughter, Kris and her family. Norman and his wife spent their last years together with caring friends at Pleasant Seasons.
He was a member for over 50 years of the Local 292 IBEW, American Legion Post 550 of Bloomington, and the Minnesota River Valley Lodge No. 6 A.F.&A.M.
Norman is preceded in death by his parents and his wife, Lilith in 2004.
He is survived by his daughter, Kris (Jim) Barry; two grandchildren; one brother, Lawrence; one niece; two nephews; great-nieces and nephews and many cousins.
Norman died at Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Bloomington Cemetery at Bloomington, Minnesota. (N13, B359, G22)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):