Skip to content
Orrel Meredith Ellingson
- Name: Orrel Meredith Ellingson
- Location of Birth: Henning, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: May 8, 1919
- Date of Death: February 6, 1998 (78 years old)
- Parents: Oscar Ellingson and Gina (Allenson) Ellingson
- High School and Class: Henning, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SGT (Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: October 17, 1942 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: December 23, 1945 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Orrel served in the United States Army during World War II and was discharged in 1944.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Orrel was a former resident of Iron Range Township in Itasca County, Minnesota.
Following his discharge, he moved to Hibbing, Minnesota where he worked in the iron ore mines.
Orrel married Norma Hetland on August 1, 1947. They lived at Henning, Minnesota until the mid 1950's when they moved to Bovey, Minnesota and he went to work for the Oliver Mining Company. He retired in 1973 and they returned to Henning, Minnesota and lived there until his death.
Orrel is survived by his wife, Norma; a daughter, JoAnn (Gary) Eckhoff; sons, David (Darlene); and Ronald; ten grandchildren; and sisters, Irene (Robert) Linder and Doris (Donald) Cordes.
Orrel died at Fargo, North Dakota and is buried in Nordenhaug Leaf Lake Cemetery at Henning, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):