Skip to content
Oscar Eli Eiden
- Name: Oscar Eli Eiden
- Location of Birth: Sioux City, Iowa
- Date of Birth: November 17, 1922
- Date of Death: February 16, 2003 (80 years old)
- Parents: Raymond Eiden and Serena (Oskerson) Eiden
- High School and Class: Forbes High School, Forbes, North Dakota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: February 28, 1943 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: March 24, 1946 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Oscar served with the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles in the European Theater.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Oscar grew up and attended schools in southern Minnesota and North Dakota.
Following his discharge, Oscar moved to the Northome, Minnesota area.
In 1946, Oscar was united in marriage to Virginia Roy at Bemidji, Minnesota.
He returned to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 1981 and enjoyed such hobbies as antiques, auctions and garage sales.
Oscar is survived by his wife, Virginia; a daughter, Susan Bishop; two sons, Bruce (Anita) Eiden, Sr. and George (Sandra) Eiden; three brothers, Leo (Judy), Garry (Kay), and Raymond; eight grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren.
Oscar died at his home and there were no funeral services.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):