Skip to content
Parley Ranceler Colburn
- Name: Parley Ranceler Colburn
- Location of Birth: Shelby, Michigan
- Date of Birth: November 10, 1869
- Date of Death: May 14, 1946 (76 years old)
- Parents: Hiram Colburn
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: COOK
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: April 30, 1898 (Enlistment Date)
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: September 25, 1899 (Discharge Date)
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Parley served with the 1st North Dakota Infantry, K Company.
He served eighteen months overseas during the Spanish American War.
- Wars Involved:
Spanish American War
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Parley R. Colburn had been a resident of Grand Rapids, Minnesota for fifteen years.
Mr. Colburn passed away at his daughter's home at Cohasset, Minnesota.
His marriage to Miss Lucy Mae Stanley took placed in 1907.
For the past twenty-two months, he had been a patient at the Veterans Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
He is survived by a daughter, Mrs. Waldron Ward; a sister, Mrs. Joseph Loomis; a brother, Charles; and four grandchildren.
Parley is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-C-19-0-8)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):