- Name: Paul Gordon Harwood
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: June 9, 1954
- Date of Death:
- Parents: Richard F. and Carol Joyce Harwood
- High School and Class: Grand Rapids Senior High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Community College, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas
- Highest Rank: S SGT (Staff Sergeant)
- Branch: Air Force
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: July 10, 1972
- Place Sworn In: Minneapolis Recruitment Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Discharge: May 2, 1980
- Place of Discharge: Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Units and Locations:
Start Date End Date Unit(s) and Location(s) Served July, 1972 August, 1972 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas August, 1972 November, 1972 Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi November, 1972 November, 1974 Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska December, 1974 April, 1979 Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska April, 1979 May, 1980 Cheyenne Mountain Complex, Colorado
- Military Awards:
Normal awards based on honor, unit, and longevity.
- Military Highlights:
Article from Grand Rapids Herald Review, dated August 3, 1972:
"A young man from Grand Rapids has joined the United States Air Force.
Paul G. Harwood, 18, son of Mrs. and Mrs. Richard F. Harwood of Grand Rapids, took the enlistment oath on the 10th day of July, 1972, in Minneapolis.
Airman Harwood then flew from Minneapolis to Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas, where he is attending six weeks of basic military training."
Information from Grand Rapids Herald Review, September 25, 1972, edition--With our men in service section:
"Airman Paul G. Harwood, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard F. Harwood of 215 Third Avenue SE., Grand Rapids, has been assigned to Keesler AFB, Miss. after completing Air Force basic training.
During his six weeks at the Air training command's Lackland AFB, Tex., he studied the Air Force mission, organization and customs and received special instruction in human relations.
The airman has been assigned to the technical training center at Keesler for specialized training in the administrative field.
Airman Harwood is a 1972 graduate of Grand Rapids high school."
I worked with the military intelligence community for six years. I possessed a top secret clearance with special compartmented information access. I concluded my career working with Headquarters Aerospace Defense Command.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
- Tribal Affiliation(s):