Skip to content
Raymond "Ray" G. Fleming
- Name: Raymond "Ray" G. Fleming
- Location of Birth: Viroqua, Wisconsin
- Date of Birth: March 31, 1923
- Date of Death: January 22, 1997 (73 years old)
- Parents: James Fleming and Julia (Strait) Fleming
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: SC 3 (Ships Cook 3rd Class Petty Officer)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Ray married Virginia Kraemer on August 4, 1951, in St. Luke's Catholic Church in Plain, Wisconsin.
He was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 1720.
Ray is survived by his wife, Virginia; five children, Mike, Neil, John, Julie Lins, and Gene; three brothers, Jim, Ruel, and Howard; a sister, Carol Thompson; and six grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his parents, a brother, Donald, and a sister, Doris Henry.
Ray died at the Greenway Manor in Spring Green, Wisconsin and is buried in New Saint Lukes Catholic Cemetery in Plain, Wisconsin.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):