Skip to content
Raymond "Ray" Gibbs Erven
- Name: Raymond "Ray" Gibbs Erven
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: April 28, 1924
- Date of Death: March 2, 2008 (83 years old)
- Parents: Fred Erven and Mary (Gibbs) Erven
- High School and Class: graduated from Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: TEC 4 (Technical 4)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Following Ray's discharge, he worked in the grocery business in the Grand Rapids, Minnesota area for over forty years.
He enjoyed spending time with his family watching sports. He was a member of First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Ray was preceded in death by his parents and three sisters.
Ray is survived by his wife, Beverly; one daughter, Sandy (Pat) Pollard; three sons, Dave (Chris), Daniel (Amy), and Don (Patti); one sister, Helen Mjolsness; nine grandchildren, and several great-grandchildren.
Ray died at St. Mary's Medical Center in Duluth, Minnesota and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-G-23-1-8)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):