Skip to content
Reverend Rueben Leslie Dahl
- Name: Reverend Rueben Leslie Dahl
- Location of Birth: Duluth, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 16, 1919
- Date of Death: December 11, 2002 (83 years old)
- Parents: Ole Dahl and Clara (Danielson) Dahl
- High School and Class: Denfield High School, Duluth, Minnesota
- College: 1949 - University of Minnesota and Bethel Seminary
- Highest Rank: 2ND LT (Second Lieutenant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Forces
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Rueben piloted a B-17 in World War II, and was shot down on his eighth mission over Germany. He spent twenty months as a prisoner of war.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
Prisoner of War
- Civilian Life:
Rueben was awarded the first varsity letter for ski jumping at Denfeld High School in Duluth, Minnesota.
He married Lenore Cato in July, 1945.
Rueben pastored churches in South Isanti, Minnesota, Joliet, Illinois, Ludington, Michigan, Davenport, Iowa, Duluth, Minnesota, and Ogema, Wisconsin. He served on several boards with the Baptist General Conference and was active in Christian education and camping ministries. He enjoyed biking and was a snow skiing enthusiast.
Rueben is survived by his wife of fifty-seven years, Lenore; his children, Karin (Dan) Wickman, Anita Dahl, Roger (Suzanne); four grandchildren; sister-in-law, Ruth Dahl; and nieces and nephews.
Preceding him in death were his parents and a brother, Arthur.
Rueben died at his home in Cohasset, Minnesota and is buried in Union Cemetery at South Isanti, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):