- Name: Richard Allen Hess
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: March 12, 1933
- Date of Death: May 5, 2017 (84 years old)
- Parents: Grant and Anna Hess
- High School and Class: 1951 Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: CPL (Corporal)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: July 21, 1953
- Place Sworn In: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Discharge: June 21, 1955
- Place of Discharge: Fort Lewis, Washington
Units and Locations:
Start Date End Date Unit(s) and Location(s) Served Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Richard was sent to Fort Richardson in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Richard had been employed by J & L Mining, the City of Coleraine, and Troumbly Brothers.
He was preceded in death by his parents; siblings, Bernice Sommerfeld, Ione Hageman, Lois Scarlett and James Hess; and his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Vince and Alice Saleture.
Survivors include his wife, Pauline; his daughter, Laura Hess; special nieces, Mary Beth Sigfrinius and Susan Pearson; other nieces and nephews; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Jim and Terri Saleture; and brother-in-law, Robert Hageman.
Richard died in the Grand Village in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery at Coleraine, Minnesota. (Block 69)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):