Skip to content
Richard D. Eckstrom
- Name: Richard D. Eckstrom
- Location of Birth: Keewatin, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 27, 1930
- Date of Death: August 31, 1972 (42 years old)
- Parents: John Iver Eckstrom and Minnie (Anderson) Eckstrom
- High School and Class: Attended schools in Keewatin, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: A1C (Airman 1st Class)
- Branch: Air Force
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Richard had been a resident of Pengilly, Minnesota for the past thirty years.
He was employed as a control operator for Hanna Mining Company at the Butler Plant.
Richard was a member of the Nashwauk Lutheran Church in Nashwauk, Minnesota and a member of the AFL-CIO labor bodies.
Survivors are his mother, Mrs. Minnie Eckstrom; a brother, Roy; three sisters, Mrs. Irene Juhlin, Mrs. Leroy (Gladys) Larson; and Mrs. Mike (Ruth) Rankinen.
Richard died unexpectedly at work at the Butler Taconite Plant in Cooley, Minnesota. He is buried in the Nashwauk Cemetery at Nashwauk, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):