Skip to content
Richard "Dick" Anthony Ellsworth
- Name: Richard "Dick" Anthony Ellsworth
- Location of Birth: Albia, Iowa
- Date of Birth: February 9, 1924
- Date of Death: June 4, 1995 (71 years old)
- Parents: Clay and Margaret Ellsworth
- High School and Class: 1941 - Albia High School, Albia, Iowa
- Highest Rank: AMM 3 (Aviation Machinist's Mate 3rd Class) in Navy and MAJ (Major) in the Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Dick served in the United States Navy during World War II and then served in the Navy Reserve. He served in the Army Reserve for many years attaining the rank of Major, retiring in 1974.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Dick taught business and social studies for many years at public schools in Deer River, Minnesota, LeSeuer, Minnesota, Central High and Highland High
in St. Paul, Minnesota.
He had lived on Bluewater Lake near Grand Rapids, Minnesota since 1986.
Dick was a member of St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in St. Paul, Minnesota and Christ Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Preceded in death by his parents, Clay and Margaret Ellsworth; a son, Timothy in 1963; and a sister, Barbara Johnson; he is survived by his wife, Nancy; one daughter, Anne Benson; four sons, Gregory, Scott, Stephen, and Theodore; and six grandchildren.
He died at his home and is buried in Fort Snelling National Cemetery in St. Paul, Minnesota. (Plot 1,0,435)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):