Skip to content
Robert "Bob" Conrad John Wagner
- Name: Robert "Bob" Conrad John Wagner
- Location of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
- Date of Birth: September 24, 1928
- Date of Death: December 16, 2016 (88 years old)
- Parents: Joseph Wagner and Josephine (Marciaz) Wagner
- High School and Class: Roosevelt High School, Chicago, Illinois
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Bob was married to Shirley Janetzke on August 15, 1952 in Evanston, Illinois.
He owned and operated Albany Park Wagner's Moving and Storage in Chicago for 30 years and after retiring, he and Shirley moved to Lakeland, Florida. They moved to Grand Rapids, Minnesota in 2007.
Because he loved singing, Bob enjoyed putting on shows in Florida. He also enjoyed gardening, fishing, reading, crossword puzzles and writing poetry.
Preceding him in death were his parents; one brother, Joe Wagner; and a son, Bobby Gaiser.
Bob is survived by his wife of 64 years, Shirley; two daughters, Lynn (Patrick) Scally and Patricia Kudsk; one son, Dave Wagner; thirteen grandchildren; and eighteen great-grandchildren.
Bob died at Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. He was cremated and a private family service was held.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):