Skip to content
Robert "Bob" Fay Norgord
- Name: Robert "Bob" Fay Norgord
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 1, 1942
- Date of Death: June 21, 2009
- Parents: Theodore Norgord & Dorothy (Hurlbut) Norgord
- High School and Class: 1960 Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: IC3 (Interior Communications Electrician Petty Officer 3rd Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: June 22, 1960
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: May 3, 1963
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Bob Norgord served in the U.S. Navy onboard the USS Valley Forge.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Robert Norgord worked in residential construction for a period of time after his discharge from military service. He then was employed by Blandin Paper Company in Grand Rapids, Minnesota as a pipe fitter, from which he retired in 1997 after 30 years of employment. Bob was a supervisor for Trout Lake Township and a member of A.R.D.C., C.A.M.P. and was on the Western Mesaba Mine Planning Board.
Bob died in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. His grave marker is on private property in Itasca County, Minnesota. He is survived by his wife, LeeAnn; one daughter, Teri (Joe) Frass; one son, Dan (Angel) Norgord; two sisters, Margaret Kelly and Phyllis Gentilini; one brother, Stanley (Bev) Norgord; and three grandchildren, Terry and Tyler Norgord and Makayla Densmore. He was preceded in death by his parents.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):