Skip to content
Robert "Bob" Glenn Erickson
- Name: Robert "Bob" Glenn Erickson
- Location of Birth: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: June 13, 1931
- Date of Death: August 3, 2011 (80 years old)
- Parents: Robert C. and Sally S. Erickson
- High School and Class: 1949 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: 1951 - University of Minnesota - Applied Mortuary Science Program
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: 1952
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: 1954
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
National Defense Service
Good Conduct Medals
- Military Highlights:
From 1952 to 1954, Robert served in the United States Army in Okinawa, Japan during the Korean Conflict. He continued to serve in the Army Reserves.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
In October, 1957, Robert married Beth J. Peterson.
Bob was employed at Peterson Funeral Chapel in Coleraine, Minnesota and Bell Brothers Funeral Home in Duluth, Minnesota, and retired as a pharmaceutical rep for Endo Laboratories/DuPont Corporation.
Bob was a member of the Pokegama Rifle and Pistol Club. He was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed hunting, fishing and time spent at the family cabin on Burrows Lake that he and his father built in the early 1940's.
Bob's strength, humor and master story telling skills will always be remembered by all that knew him.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, Beth, and his daughter, Barbara.
Bob is survived by his daughter, Sandra Bakken and grandson, D. J. Erickson; his son, Craig; and his sister, Sharon Chalberg.
Bob died at his home in Hermantown, Minnesota and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):