Skip to content
Robert Clayton Peura
- Name: Robert Clayton Peura
- Location of Birth: Moose Lake, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 18, 1925
- Date of Death: August 19, 2001 (76 years old)
- Parents: John Peura and Ailie (Lampel) Peura
- High School and Class: Moose Lake High School, Moose Lake, Minnesota
- College: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SC3 (Ship's Cook Third Class Petty Officer)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Robert served in Japan, the Philippines, and Hawaii during World War II.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Following his discharge, Robert attended the University of Minnesota for two years. He was united in marriage to Andrea Boros in Fridley, Minnesota and lived in North Branch, Minnesota. In 1978 he moved to Grand Raids, Minnesota and worked for the Department of Natural Resources for thirty-seven years. He later owned and operated a sawmill until his death. He loved woodworking, hunting, fishing, and trapping.
Robert is survived by his wife, Andrea; two daughters, Judy (Steve) Hultquist and Susan (Keith) Beseke; three sons, Robert, Jr., Michael (Melanie) and Patrick (Stacy) Boros; two brothers, Billy (Delores) and James (Jan); and four grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his parents, a brother and two sisters.
Buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 220.127.116.11)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):