Skip to content
Robert Newell Criswell
- Name: Robert Newell Criswell
- Location of Birth: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: December 16, 1934
- Date of Death: January 22, 1982 (47 years old)
- Parents: Vernon and Clara Criswell
- High School and Class: 1953 - Greenway High School, Coleraine, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Community College, Coleraine, Minnesota
Master's Degree from University of Minnesota, Duluth, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: SP 2 (Specialist 2)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Robert served in the Security Division of the United States Army from 1954 - 1957 in North Africa.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Robert taught in various colleges throughout Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin. He taught at Port Huron, Michigan, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, Minong, Wisconsin, St. Clair Community College and University of Wisconsin, Superior.
He was a member of Hurlbut-Ziemer American Legion Post of Lawrence Lake, Itasca County, Minnesota.
Survivors include his parents; two brothers, Roger and David; three sisters, Mrs. Jim (Marian) Haines, Mrs. Jim (Myrna) Potton, and Mrs. Len (Connie) Daigle, and several nieces and nephews.
Robert died at his home and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot I-G-12-0-6)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):