Skip to content
Roger E. Fitzgerald
- Name: Roger E. Fitzgerald
- Location of Birth: Hibbing, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: November 30, 1939
- Date of Death: November 8, 2015 (75 years old)
- Parents: Tom Fitzgerald and Jane (Gift) Fitzgerald
- High School and Class: Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Highest Rank:
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Roger married Karen Bergstedt in 1966.
He worked for Blandin Paper Mill for many years as a sheet metal worker. He loved the outdoors, took great pleasure in spending time with his family and friends and served his church faithfully.
Roger was preceded in death by his wife, Karen, and his parents.
He is survived by his children, Patti (John) Zwiers and Lynn (Darwin) Johnson; brothers, Robert (Jean) Fitzgerald and Donald (Jewel) Fitzgerald; seven grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews, cousins, other relatives and friends.
Roger died at his home in Fergus Falls, Minnesota and is buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (C-A-4-3)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):