Skip to content
Roger Thomas “Tom” Brown
- Name: Roger Thomas "Tom" Brown
- Location of Birth: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: July 10, 1936
- Date of Death: February 20, 2005 (68 years old)
- Parents: Marion and Emily Brown
- High School and Class: 1954 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: Itasca Community College, Coleraine, Minnesota
University of North Dakota
- Highest Rank:
- Other Branch: National Guard
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Tom was active in football, wrestling, and track. He was a longtime Grand Rapids area businessman before retiring to Marco Island, Florida.
He served on the Grand Rapids Fire Department for many years. He was very active in both the Grand Rapids, Minnesota and Marco Island, Florida Moose Lodges, achieving the highest order of Pilgrim while serving the Marco Lodge.
He enjoyed golf, fishing, hunting and having a good time. His favorite place to be was at his home on Bowstring Lake in the summer.
Preceding him in death were his parents and grandparents. He is survived by his partner and best friend, Lori Passini; five sons, Ken (Wendy), Kevin (Denise), Kyle (Kim) Keith, Todd (Sue); a brother, Dennis (Linda); and nine grandchildren.
Buried in Itasca Calvary Cemetery in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot C-A-19-22)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):