Skip to content
Ronald "Ron" Keith Melbostad
- Name: Ronald "Ron" Keith Melbostad
- Location of Birth: Duluth, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: January 2, 1958
- Date of Death: August 25, 2004
- Parents: Orlynn Melbostad & Mildred (Pauna) Melbostad
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: HT2 (Hull Maintenance Technician Petty Officer 2nd Class)
- Branch: Navy
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: September 27, 1977
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge: June 29, 1981
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Ron Melbostad served in the Navy and was on the Indian Ocean Cruise in 1980.
- Wars Involved:
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Ronald Melbostad married Loretta Walker in 1976. After his discharge from the Navy, he attended technical school for heating/air conditioning and resided in New Brighton, Minnesota. He was a long-standing member of the pipe fitter Union Local 455 and a member of the New Brighton American Legion Post 513.
Ronald died in Alaska due to injuries sustained in a car accident and is buried in Nashwauk Cemetery, Nashwauk, Minnesota. He is survived by his parents; a son, Justin Melbostad; three daughters, Nicole Melbostad, Hailey Anderson, and Alicia Melbostad; one brother, Michael Melbostad; and two sisters, Katherine Bockert and Karen Thurman. He was preceded in death by his grandparents.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):