- Name: Sander Emanuel Sutherland
- Location of Birth: Blackberry Township, Itasca County, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: September 19, 1896
- Date of Death: April 21, 1959 (62 years old)
- Parents: Nels and Katherine Sutherland
- High School and Class:
- Highest Rank: PVT (Private)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: May 27, 1918
- Place Sworn In: Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Date of Discharge: August 12, 1919
- Place of Discharge: Camp Grant, Illinois
Units and Locations:
Start Date End Date Unit(s) and Location(s) Served May 27, 1918 Inducted in Grand Rapids, Minnesota August 12, 1919 Honorable Discharge at Camp Grant, Illinois
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Served in Company "B", 34th Engineers.
Served in France from August 16, 1918 - August 5, 1919.
- Wars Involved:
World War I
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
When Sander enlisted, he was 21 years of age and by occupation a carpenter. He had blue eyes, brown hair, medium complexion, and was 6' in height. His enlistment record shows he sailed from the United States on August 16, 1918 and returned on August 5, 1919. He received an Honorable Discharge from the United Stares Army on August 12, 1919.
From obituary in Duluth News Tribune, dated April 23, 1959:
Surviving are his wife, Goldie; two daughters, Lorna Kuhn and Janice Sutherland; seven sons, Ervin, Arthur, Howard, Gerald, Lenard, Kermit, and Laurence; a sister, Mrs. Herman Johnson; a brother, George, and fifteen grandchildren.
- Tribal Affiliation(s):