- Name: Stephen Dale Anderson
- Location of Birth: Bagley, Minnesota
- Date of Birth: June 28, 1952
- Date of Death:
- Parents: Dale and Bobbie Ann Anderson
- High School and Class: 1970 - Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- College: 1971 - Wadena Area Technical Institute, Wadena, Minnesota
- Highest Rank: MSG (Master Sergeant) E-8
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch:
- Date Sworn In: November 29, 1971
- Place Sworn In: Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Date of Discharge: December 31, 1991
- Place of Discharge: Fort Knox, Kentucky
Units and Locations:
Start Date End Date Unit(s) and Location(s) Served November, 1971 April, 1972 Basic and Advancd Individual Training, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri April, 1972 May, 1972 Paratrooper (Jump) School, Fort Benning, Georgia May, 1972 September, 1979 HSB 1/319 Field Artillary - 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, North Carolina October, 1979 November, 1984 HHC 2/325 Airborne Infantry - 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, North Carolina November, 1984 December, 1986 HHC 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment - Nuernburg, West Germany January, 1987 November, 1988 HHC 2nd Combat Aviation Squadron - Feurth, West Germany December, 1988 December, 1991 HHC Training Group - Fort Knox, Kentucky
- Military Awards:
Expert Riflemans Badge
Master Parachutist Badge
Meritorious Service Medal
Egyptian Jump Wings
Army Commendation Medals (3)
- Military Highlights:
During my time stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina with the 82nd Airborne Division, I trained in Panama, Florida, Texas, California, Washington, New York, Virginia, and Egypt. I was in Egypt for 3 months and participated in a joint Airborne Operation and was awarded Egyptian Jump Wings.
I served mainly as a Communications Chief, although for about a year and a half, while in the Artillery, I served as a Fire Support Non-commissioned officer.
While in Germany I served as Regimental Communications Chief, and as First Sergeant and S-3 with the Aviation Squadron.
At Fort Knox, I was an Instructor and taught Communications, Basic Map Reading, and Land Navigation to Basic Trainees and the Officers Basic Course.
I retired as the General Subjects Committee Chief.
- Wars Involved:
Vietnam Era to Middle Eastern conflicts
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
- Tribal Affiliation(s):