Skip to content
Sulo Edward Miller
- Name: Sulo Edward Miller
- Location of Birth: Brockert, North Dakota
- Date of Birth: August 9, 1917
- Date of Death: January 25, 1972 (54 years old)
- Parents: ?? and Anna Miller
- High School and Class: Painsdale High School, Painsdale, Michigan
- Highest Rank: M SGT (Master Sergeant)
- Branch: Army
- Other Branch: United States Army Air Forces
- Date Sworn In:
- Place Sworn In:
- Date of Discharge:
- Place of Discharge:
- Military Awards:
- Military Highlights:
Sulo served in the China-Burma-India Theatre during World War II.
- Wars Involved:
World War II
- MIA / POW:
- Civilian Life:
Sulo moved to Floodwood, Minnesota in 1925. He also lived in Lake Linden, Michigan and Omaha, Nebraska. Sulo moved to Grand Raids, Minnesota in 1957. He had been a resident of the area for fifteen years.
In 1943, Sulo married Mary Carl in Omaha, Nebraska.
He worked here as an accountant for the Social Services Department.
Sulo was an elder in the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, a member of the State Welfare Association and of the Association of Welfare Accountants.
Among those who preceded him in death were two children and his mother, Anna, who passed away just five days prior to Sulo.
He is survived by his wife, Mary; three sons, William, Edward, and Michael; a daughter, Charlotte; three brothers, William, Melvin, and Benhart.
Buried in Harris Cemetery at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. (Plot 184.108.40.206)
- Tribal Affiliation(s):